Well programmed, Graphics COULD have been better, but that would have slowed down the game. You should add more stuff, by the end of the game it would be nice if maxing out one thing should be an accomplishment, by level 14 I was fully upgraded.
2 bugs in buy screen:
1) AA tower says it has a max of 6, but after 5 it was greyed out and I couldn't buy any more
2) Your Turrets firing speed says a max of 23, but once I got to 22 the button stayed lit, but nothing happened when I clicked on it.
I would really like to know how to get to level 21 and such on the high scores, with my fully upgraded base besides those two bugs, at level 17 it was impossible to kill the infantry guys with the rockets, my gun would point at them but more people would spawn than my gun could kill. So they just picked away at my health since they were invincible behind the meat shield.
for all the preivous reviewers
1) don't vote 0 because your computer can't handle the game and 'pauses' 'freezes' or you get a low fps
2) #1 is not lag, network latency has nothing to do with how up to date your computer is and is not many frames per second you get, it is all about your internet connection
3) don't vote 0 becuase it's too hard, yes it is hard, and takes some getting used to. but if you play the game for a while you can demolish red's paddle before he demolishes yours
4) 10 for humour from reading reviews like 'your game pauses too much'
good idea, too bad you stole it!
this is pretty much exactly like the first part of Will Wrights Spore game coming out this fall
good rendition on it, but it is too similar to it for me
yeah, i saw the previews for that game. they look awesome. but i never claimed that this was an original idea. just like anyone who submits a mouse-maze game can't claim his submission is original. pretty much all the good game ideas have already been used up, and i don't really have the huge amount of creativity required to come up with a completely original and GOOD game idea :P
very good flash RTS game
I have not seen any flash game come close to this amount of detail in an RTS game
as i play RTS's all the time there were some things that bugged me
1) double-click selecting was buggy, for some reason it would only work under certain circumstances (none of the same class were already selected, and usually nothing else could be selected)
2) because of the selecting problem you could usually only have one attack force, instead of micromanaging each unit
3) now onto the good stuff: options in there that i have not seen before (props for the flag design maker, but you should have used the flag more often in the game)
4) campaign was excellent, and had a storyline
5) different game modes was a great addition
6)lastly, i know you can't fix it in flash but not using both of the mouse buttons sucks, since you cant deselect
i hate quizzes
even though i hate quizzes, they can be put together well, this one, was not.
first i find quizzes where you do all the questions and at the end it shows the score better.
and on the one about quagmires cat, the wrong answers dont do anything, only the right answer does
thanks for the quagmires cat thing, must have missed that frame. But don't vote low cause you don;t like quizzes, and you didn;t give an example on how it wasnt put together well...so your review is useless...
It a good start
i think you did a great job on the artwork, but the game aspect of it is lacking, it looks like you were planning to have it so you upgrade guns, which would have been better, i would reccomend maybe scolling the background when you move since you dont stand stationary and move your arms like that, more levels, and different guns, also the enemies shooting back and having some AI, and not being tweens would be better, but since this is so basic in terms of gameplay, and it being a game i had to give it a low score
sorry dude too many problems
dont make 3d just for the sake of making 3d, speand some time into learning 3d and make the actual halo in 3d or summin, a checkerboard floating with reflections is pointless
make it consistant, putting your answers in random places is annoying, you should keep where the question and answers are consistant.
and finally, quiz's suck
yeah, 3D was a mistake in hindsight. I'm not really that artistic in that sort of thing.
I'm sorry you don't like the genre.
you should have..
used the edit submission in your account menu, instead of submitting twice
but sprites suck, since your just tweening, and not much AS tbh, so try making your own game instead of sprites
the physics are great, and i only played till he got back to the base after the ufo thing, only problem i had is that the dune buggy is very hard to brake, i kept going back and forth over where i was supposed to stop
well... incomplete games arent really the best
tbh i only played the mouse game, the aura idea was good, but overall typical of a mouse game and doesnt need a whole lot of coding, and the graphics weren't anything special... i think you should complete them before you submit something
Thanks, but you should try at least 1 more, eh I dunno. The mouse game was probably the shortest so I see where you're comming from.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.